Romantic rhymes with pathetic

I'm not sure if you can really sympathize with me, but I've been thinking a lot about the one that got away. I really have to admit, there is one girl that I feel like could've been the one, and it's like a bad taste I can't wash out of my mouth.

And I think what sparked all this is the recent influx of romantic stuff I've been watching. "Wonderfalls" and "Shall we dansu?" are both pretty romantically themed.

And I know, deep down, that this is all wishful thinking and that in reality, if I could do it over differently, I'd have fucked it up and she'd be on my enemies list. But still, I'd have liked the chance, y'know?

And it's not fair to all the other women I meet, to be compared to someone that doesn't exist anymore. Y'know, we all change and mature, and the girl I knew back then, she's not the same person now. To be compared to the memory of someone, that's a standard no one could ever live up to.

And there's a small inkling desire to get in the car and drive, find her and see if we can click, but I know it'll never happen. We were two ships passing in the night. Even back then, I think that there wasn't anything there. It was all just wishful thinking. It's just that... it'd be nice if life was like TV, and everything had closure.

No comments: