lonely

I'll admit it right now, I'm lonely and have been lonely. You know, my life is lacking. Professionally, I'm well on my way and I am enjoying my work, as much as residency can be enjoyed, but I need something more. I see my friends maybe once every couple weeks, I don't have a girlfriend, I don't know anyone in my building. I need human interaction, badly. While I'm sure I would have hated the city where I did med school, at least there were people I knew there.

People ask me why I came to this town. I don't know anyone here. I don't have any family in the state anymore. As far as friends go, just a handful are left. The only reason I came here was the residency program, which seems almost stupid in the internal medicine residency world.

I do a lot of things to keep myself occupied. I find ways to pass the time, and it almost makes me forget all the drama, but it's always there and always uncomfortable. Seems like everybody's got their own lives, so why don't I?

No comments: