Strip clubs

I'll admit, I go to the strip club every now and then, and it's not anything that I'm particularly proud (or ashamed) of. It's just something to do. And I guess that most go for the nudity. I mean, that is the intended purpose. But that's not really the draw for me. It's the illusion of intimacy. It's being around women, and not being a doctor.

And I know, I know, it's fake. It's not real. It's ego-stroking and playing to weaknesses. But sometimes, it's nice. It's nice to remember what it feels like to be close to another person. It's nice to feel a woman's skin when it's not behind a glove. It's nice to catch the hint of perfume. It's nice to remember what a woman smells like.

And I guess there are better ways to spend my money, on less morally objectionable habits, but it seems like every passing day, I find myself less and less connected to the rest of the world. So it's nice to feel close to a woman for a brief moment, even if it is fake, if only to be reassured that I am still a man.

No comments: