A letter to a once best friend:


Like I said previously, I thought I'd throw up some letters I've written here, letters that will never be sent to the desired recipient, but are interesting to read, in a jaded and painful way.

I can't believe you. Maybe you don't realize that you are the only friendship I have let survive in spite of betrayal. You say things like, "Does our friendship mean so little..." well maybe it would do you well to realize how close you were to not being a friend at all.

And you start off about her emotional state and whatever. What the hell am I supposed to do, huh? She was the one that rejected me. Somehow by listening to you, that's supposed to make everything better? I've tried to be the bigger person. I've tried to pretend that I was ready to move on, but guess what, I'm not. And if you think that I'm gonna feel sorry for her for rejecting me, and that 'my emotional state' isn't helping? Well, I don't give a damn.

I can't deal with other people's problems right now. I'm trying to piece together what's left of my life and trying to get back to even keel, and in case you haven't noticed, this isn't helping.

You can rush me all you want, and that's fine, but guess what, if I took what I've got on hand right now, I can come to pretty simple conclusions: you're a jerk and she's a bitch, and going behind my back was about the shittiest thing anyone's ever done to me. So there's your emotional resolution. So stop bothering me, leave me alone, and let me deal. I don't have time for your shit.

No comments: