Rebuilding burnt bridges

I got a few cards today, and a piece of homemade fruitcake. Now, the cards are always welcome. Man, I love cards. And one card from S was especially sweet. But the fruitcake was entirely unexpected. I was glad, because it came from someone that I haven't talked to in so long, and we parted on such bad terms, and it was nice to hear from her again.

I am not the biggest fan of Christmas. As a holiday, it has more religious significance to me than anything else, but still, it always ends up being a wonderful time of year because I hear from some friends that I haven't heard from in a long time, or I'll get a card and it'll be the nicest thing that I've read. There is an untold amount of love that can be given in card form, and this year, I got so many wonderful cards. If any of you read this site, all your cards are very appreciated, and I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: