7 years running

On March 20, 1999, I shut down my personal homepage and replaced it with a picture of a barn on fire. Underneath was a link to an online diary of my emotional spew from being dumped by my girlfriend for one of my best friends at the time who had been cultivating this relationship somewhat behind my back.

And since then, I've been blogging for 7 years now. It's hard to believe. Things have changed dramatically since I started. The anonymity requirements for this blog are rather constrictive. My old blog was so... unashamedly open and honest. I still have people stumble upon it quite randomly, to the point where I've deleted it entirely from the internet.

It's kind of a shame, having 4 years of writing that's sealed away. And it was such an interesting time in my life, full of upheaval and terror and shame and self-loathing. It's nice that I've moved on from that, though. Hah!

I really enjoy what this blog has meant to me, in all of its various iterations, for the past 7 years. It's been a place where I could open up and be free, although not so much anymore. But thanks for reading, some of you having stuck with me from the very beginning. I hope that you've been getting something out of this too.

No comments: