Target rich environment

So, after years of dating misfortune, and after giving up on romance for the time, all of a sudden, I'm presented with the strangest situation. There are women who are interested in me. It makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, WTF?

One girl actually mentioned the words "I'm single" "I wish I wasn't" "Are you single?" and "It'd be nice if we weren't single" all within the span of a 3 minute conversation. The other girls were a little more tactful.

And I know, I know, I can see the irate e-mails from friends coming already. Why aren't I doing anything about this? I wish I had an excuse. I really don't. I just have a lot of stuff on my plate right now, and I just couldn't bring myself to follow through. Y'know, they're not my type. Or some other excuse. Do you have a good excuse I can use?

6 comments:

TigerLily46 said...

My excuse is always "I'm too tired to do anything about this!" However, I know if I were really interested, I would make time and try to stay awake.

Anonymous said...

Well, I always say I'm not ready for a relationship right now. Seems to work.

Or you can be the most dense (densest? obtuse?) person in the world and pretend not to pick up on their hints.

Good luck! :-)

Dr. Luke Van Tessel said...

Of course it makes sense they're interested.

1. You're a long-suffering, stand-up guy.

2. You have no STDs.

3. You're financially stable.

4. You're well educated, savvy, and funny.

. . . not that any of that really matters, as women are not known for their rational thinking. (After a month on the psych ward, all I can say is that the ugliest, most diseased, antisocial men in the world get the most action.)

The excuse is, "I'm in love with the game, honey. You can't compete with internal medicine." Once you find your type, she'll be someone you can't refuse; you will make room for her in the few waking hours you have outside the hospital.

Of course, you miss out on a lot of great fun waiting for Ms. Right. I dated Ms. RightNow for twelve years. It's like renting, though: no equity.

An important thing to remember is that women aren't always that interested when they flirt. Sometimes they just want to make sure they didn't waste all that money they spent at the salon.

Anonymous said...

are you part of the community?

Anonymous said...

". . . not that any of that really matters, as women are not known for their rational thinking. "

Hey!

Oh, and

"...women aren't always that interested when they flirt. Sometimes they just want to make sure they didn't waste all that money they spent at the salon."

Yeah. Caught!

:-)

Anonymous said...

There was either a great philosopher or some guy in Dropkick Murphys that said that the real opportunity's the one that never knocks...

But the ones that knock... those are good too.