Someone to lean on

I was feeling very insecure this weekend. I don't know what will come of my life. I don't know where it's heading. It's that same feeling I had trying to get into med school, or trying to get into residency. I don't know what will become of me.

And all I want in life is to have someone tell me that it'll be okay, someone to tell me that I'm a great doctor and a nice person, and I'll do wonderfully wherever I am or whatever I'm doing. I was going to call my friends and have them tell me that everything would be fine, and the world would be roses, but it's not the same as having someone invested in your life.

And part of the problem with my life is that I just want someone to lean on for a bit. I want someone to share the load for a while. I want someone to share my life. And there can be more problems and hardships, but there'd be someone to share that too.

No comments: