And so it begins

I got my personalized Christmas cards in the mail yesterday. I ordered online from Hallmark. I wanted to get started early this year, as I'm planning on sending out at least 50 cards. In the last few years, I've been sending out 40 to 60 cards a year, and this year, I'm sending out professional contacts as well, so I'm thinking I'll likely be in the 70 to 90 range.

I love Christmas cards. It's nice to get them, but I like sending them, because I have a lot of friends out there, people that I've long since lost touch with. It's kind of sad really that I know so many people and it's been so long since I've talked to most of them.

And so I send people Christmas cards, kind of as a reminder that I still think about them and as a reminder to me about what people mean to me. Because I'm a pretty solitary guy. I went an entire month without one personal call on my cell phone. And every now and then, I need to remind myself that there are people out there that care for me, and people I care for.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I’ve been looking around on the net for sites talking about the holidays and to see if I can find any posts about what others are doing about sending holiday cards, to get some good ideas. The season will be here before we know it and there are so many choices. While I really do hate the time it takes to do holiday cards, I do enjoy receiving them with updates on my friends and extended family. So…I guess it’s worth it. My keyword search led me to this post. While your blog isn’t exactly what I was looking for, I’m glad I came across it. Very interesting read! Happy Holidays!

Karen said...

Christmas will be here before we know it. My how time flies! I just love this time of year – a time of Christmas cards, gift giving and parties. Sometimes it is overwhelming. I love it though. I have stopped by your blog form time to time and have really enjoyed reading your posts. I just wanted to finally say hi, and happy holidays to you!