All nighter

I haven't pulled an all-nighter in years. Years I tell you. I can't remember if I did during 1st or 2nd year of med school, but I certainly did tonight. It was... fun. It's been a long time since I've had a good time like tonight, or today, or whatever. It's made me realize that you can come at the same problem from entirely different directions.

It's also made me realize what exactly constitutes a great friendship. Y'know, it's such a marvel when you figure out what it is that draws you to other people, and what draws them to you. You don't have to be false, or even try. You just are, and that's it. No pressure. No worrying. It is the ideal state of being. And it makes me wonder sometimes why I feel such a terrific need to torture myself over loneliness and crushes and past romances and all that other stuff, when I know, I know I have a legion of fantastic friends who are there for me when I start to falter.

And the best friendships, if one has to choose, should definitely involve a bottle of scotch.

No comments: